Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wow! Over a week since I last posted anything. Not a good way to go about this.

Well, I've been looking around and I see that Dr Oz has a whole chunk of his site devoted to pregnancy. So I thought I'd have a poke around.

I had saved a bunch of links when I started poking, but now that I've gone back and looked at them, there's only one that I want to share.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/ultimate-pregnancy-smoothie

The only thing that seems to be missing is a direct folic acid ingrediant. Easy to fix. If you've got a juicer, juice some spinach or other leafy greens with your berries. This will add some folic acid but it won't alter the taste or texture. The other option is a good Pre-Natal vitamin with your smoothie. Remember, your regular daily vitamin doesn't count. Go get the pre-natal version of your favorite brand. They'll add extra calcium and folate/folic acid for you.

I can't stress enough how important folic acid is when you're preggers. Guys, tell your girls. Girls, feed your babes.

It's a simple thing to take care of early. As soon as you find out you're expecting, change vitamins. As in, on your way out of the doctor's office, stop at the pharmacy across the hall/street and buy some.

Do not wait. Do not pass go. Etc. Etc.

Well, that's all for now. The ladies are home from ballet lessons. Better go eat and see how the day was.

Happy Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment