Saturday, December 26, 2009

Well, I hope you all had a great Christmas. The girls got LOTS of presents between them. (Of course, the oldest had birthday presents sprinkled in too. We figure we've got maybe another year or two before she starts getting shorted and blames us for it.)

I just had my first cup of coffee from my new machine from the in-laws. Took me a while to get brewing. I've had a Tassimo in the house for years, but I found some filters (Cone, when I need cup style, but hey...) and some beans that we brought back from the Domincan Republic. Ground them up in the "bullet" and took the new machine (Hamilton Beach if you're curious) for a spin.

Two things: That's one HOT cup of joe. And it was damned good too. I forgot how nice it is to control how the coffee gets done. The Tassimo is great, but you get what they give you. Now I can control the coffee to water ratio again. Heavenly....

Of course, having said that, I'm sitting here at work with a cup of "Timmie's"! LOL

Tomorrow we have one more Christmas dinner that will include PIE! (There was no pie at the in-laws last night!) Then it will all be officially over. It's been mild up here too. The wife and I were discussing taking down the lights while it's warm now. Instead of waiting for spring. It just feels too early though. Like we'd be killing Christmas. Then again, I didn't get the lights down from last year until summer...

Last topic for today...

Up here in the Great (not so) White North, we have "Boxing Day." On this day (Which is a statutory holiday) we have sales. AWESOME sales. Like TVs for 70% off sales. Still, we couldn't think of one single thing that we wanted/needed so badly that we'd brave the 4+hr line ups for. I'm serious by the way. People line up at 3 or 4 AM for these sales. I guess you could compare it to the "Balck Friday" sales in the States.

TV? Got two. DVD? Got it. Computer? Got it. We couldn't think of anything. So no savings for us today. Maybe in a couple of years when it's time to start replacing things...

Until next time,

Be safe.


J

No comments:

Post a Comment